Sunday, October 23, 2011

Blog Post #9



At the Teacher's Desk

After reading Mr. McClung's post in May of 2009, I can honestly see myself doing exactly the same thing my first year. I will be the one that gets stressed out over a lesson not going as planned and nervous of what my superiors are thinking. It helps me to know that it's ok if lessons aren't carried out perfectly! I am going to bookmark this blog so that I can go back to it when I'm stressing and hopefully it will be able to calm me down. As far as what he said about technology and grown ups being afraid of it, I think I will be ok in that department. I have always felt comfortable with it and after taking this class, I have just been able to grow in that department.

Mr. McClung's second reflection in June of 2010 was a much different experience than that of his first year! He had all kinds of hurdles to get over. I'm kind of glad that I will not be certified to teach any higher than 6th grade. Teenagers are hard to deal with and at the same time there are those chosen ones that can make that grade worth teaching. I am not willing to take the chance though! I particularly liked in this post was about the conflicts he had going on with administration and co-workers. We have to remember it's not about the grown up conflicts going on behind the scenes, but the kids that are there to learn. I am glad he didn't take the advice that he received from his colleague and kept his students in mind to make the right decision.

1 comment:

  1. I think doing a "What I Learned This Year" post every year would be fun to go back and read! It would also be helpful to your self-learning.

    ReplyDelete