Sunday, September 18, 2011

Blog Post #4


Eagle Nest Radio & Class Blog

I really enjoyed these kids' podcast. They were very well spoken and it seemed that they weren't just reading from a piece of paper. I also liked that they had corresponding background music that went along with whichever piece of information they were talking about. This is a great thing for kids to learn because it made them really learn about the Romans, rather than the teacher just reading them that portion out of a textbook and giving a test on it. You can tell by the picture above the podcast, that this was a really fun day at school for them!

Langwitches

Silvia Tolisano shows how she taught 1st graders make a storybook podcast, this is so great! I had know idea that these kind of technologies could be used so early! By giving these instructions, as a future elementary education teacher, I will definitely be using this as a tool in my classroom. It helped the kids with reading, language, and technology literacy. You can't ask for more than that, especially with that age group. I am also going to send a link to this website to my child's school, I don't know if they are already doing it but I will be passing it along anyway!

The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom

In this video, Mr. Dale explains the different benefits that podcasts have in the classroom. One of the benefits that stood out to me the most was that if a child was out sick, they could access the lectures from home. This is great because if you have a student with the flu, this could help them to not get behind in their classes. This would be especially helpful on a high school and even college level. I would really like to see this be incorporated into the online classes at our university. The vodcast would also be a good idea for online classes, because as a student you have no idea what your professor looks like, sounds like, or anything. It is very impersonal and sometimes that may be your only option to take a class.

Pratical Principles

I listened to the first podcast that was listed on the link. In this podcast, Scott and Melinda discussed a variety of topics. This was an example of how podcasts can help teachers and principals with real life problems that may be faced with. It was an hour long, and full of information and examples of different issues that happens in schools. One thing that I learned is that some teachers think they want to teach one grade and after getting into it, they find that is not the right fit for them.

100 Ways you can use your iPod to Learn and Study Better

Honestly, I had no idea that there were so many different tools that can be used on the iPod! This is amazing, the fact that you can learn ESL from your iPod is great! I learned a little bit about the ESL in my Education in a Diverse Society class over the summer, and this would be so helpful if you had a ESL student in your classroom. I also bookmarked the link on podcasting instructions. After reading the instructions, this will be extremely helpful in our upcoming project!

1 comment:

  1. Well done. Your comments indicate these helped prepare you for your podcast.

    ReplyDelete