Sunday, September 11, 2011

C4T

I had Bryan Jackson for my C4T. He is located in Canada, and I commented on his blog post entitled "Canadian Conversations". In this blog Mr. Jackson explains that Canadians have a natural sense of survival due to the terrain of the country. He also describes the land as the "birthmarks of the very earth itself", he posted some of the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen. The pictures are giant rocks that look as old as the earth and huge mountains in the background next to a stream. My comment to him was that I have never met a Canadian until this semester and she is my instructor in one of my classes. I also said that I would love to visit Canada one day, but due to what I am used to I will definitely be visiting in the summer time.

The second post I commented on was "Why Doodling Matters", in this blog post he took an excerpt from Guilia Forsythe that says that doodling allows you to visualize what you think. Guilia also says that doodling can be a form of problem solving. In my comment on this subject I wrote back that this is absolutely true! I do this sometimes when I need to think about something and can't get it out right away. It is a way to get somewhat "trapped" information out in an alternate way. Of course sometimes, you yourself maybe the only person that can make sense of the doodling.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Carrie!

    I hope the semester is going smoothly for you so far - I looked at your presentation and saw that your husband is been out of town. I can't imagine taking care of two kids and keeping up with a course load all by myself! Kudos to you! Are you taking a full load of classes?

    I enjoyed your post on C4T. The post by Bryan Jackson sounds very interesting. I've always been fascinated by Canada and it sounds like Mr. Jackson describes it beautifully.

    The most interesting part of your post I thought was on Guilia Forsythe's "Why Doodling Matters." I would LOVE to read this post. I am always doodling and it's great to know I'm not wasting ink and paper. Could you give me the link to that post?

    Thanks, and happy blogging!
    Bonnie Gaudet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bonnie! I would send you the link, but it is not on doc sharing anymore and I forgot to save it as a favorite :( His name is Bryan Jackson, I will try to google it and see if I can find it for you because it was very interesting!

    ReplyDelete